No, that isn’t a typo in the headline. And, I am definitely a little zappy today this last day of the A to Z April blog challenge. I’ve zig-zagged through the alphabet and made it all the way to Z! Yeah me! For those still wondering, according to my good friend dictionary.com, zappy is a slang word that means “energetic, lively, or fast-moving; zippy.”
While I typically would describe myself more as “zapped” than “zappy,” I am excited that I made it to the end of this 26-day, 26-letter writing challenge. I set a goal and accomplished it. That in and of itself, feels pretty damn good! On the flip side, I’m sad to see the challenge come to end. I’ve found some pretty interesting blogs and fellow bloggers along the way that I’ll continue to follow. I like having a focus or theme to help guide my writing. Without this challenge I never would have written 26 posts in one month. While I know I can’t keep up this pace and market my new book and write my third book, I hope I can find time to write two or three posts a week. Writing is my outlet, whether anyone reads my words or not, I’m still going to spew them.
If anyone knows of any other blogging challenges I’d love to hear about them!
I admit it. I have a deep love for candy – chocolate, sweet, tart, caramel. I have an affinity for sweets. As I get older I try to curb my sweet tooth and refrain from buying checkout treats. But, as we just passed a major candy holiday, these sweet confections abound in our home. More times than not, I can’t walk past my kids’ Easter baskets without grabbing a hand full of jelly beans or a Reese’s peanut butter egg (and my waistline knows it too.)
So as today is the letter “C” in the April A to Z blogging challenge, I thought it fitting to pay tribute to my favorite candies of all time (some of which I don’t think are even available any more at least in my local grocery store.) In no particular order, here is my top ten list:
- The Marathon Bar – This was one of my favorites as a kid. A twist of chocolate and caramel, it was the longest candy bar at the time.
- Necco Wafers – My favorite was the all chocolate roll although the assorted flavors are good too and they lasted a whole movie.
- Skor – A light chocolate and toffee bar. Mmmmm.
- Twix – I like the regular caramel one best, but the peanut butter one will do in a pinch.
- Peanut M&Ms – Whatever the color, I like them.
- Pay Day – Salty peanuts and sweet caramel. I’m starting to get hungry!
- Tootsie Rolls – From the midgets to the big bar, I can’t pass up that chewy chocolate.
- Mars Bar – Chocolate, nougat (what is nougat anyway?) and almonds, oh my! Snickers Almond is almost as good, but not quite!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Chocolate and peanut butter pure goodness. You can’t go wrong!
- Sugar Babies – Candy-coated milk caramel. Milk Duds will do, but I prefer Sugar Babies. Plus, I love the name:)
Did I miss any? What’s your favorite candy? I’d love to hear!