I admit it. I have a deep love for candy – chocolate, sweet, tart, caramel. I have an affinity for sweets. As I get older I try to curb my sweet tooth and refrain from buying checkout treats. But, as we just passed a major candy holiday, these sweet confections abound in our home. More times than not, I can’t walk past my kids’ Easter baskets without grabbing a hand full of jelly beans or a Reese’s peanut butter egg (and my waistline knows it too.)
So as today is the letter “C” in the April A to Z blogging challenge, I thought it fitting to pay tribute to my favorite candies of all time (some of which I don’t think are even available any more at least in my local grocery store.) In no particular order, here is my top ten list:
- The Marathon Bar – This was one of my favorites as a kid. A twist of chocolate and caramel, it was the longest candy bar at the time.
- Necco Wafers – My favorite was the all chocolate roll although the assorted flavors are good too and they lasted a whole movie.
- Skor – A light chocolate and toffee bar. Mmmmm.
- Twix – I like the regular caramel one best, but the peanut butter one will do in a pinch.
- Peanut M&Ms – Whatever the color, I like them.
- Pay Day – Salty peanuts and sweet caramel. I’m starting to get hungry!
- Tootsie Rolls – From the midgets to the big bar, I can’t pass up that chewy chocolate.
- Mars Bar – Chocolate, nougat (what is nougat anyway?) and almonds, oh my! Snickers Almond is almost as good, but not quite!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Chocolate and peanut butter pure goodness. You can’t go wrong!
- Sugar Babies – Candy-coated milk caramel. Milk Duds will do, but I prefer Sugar Babies. Plus, I love the name:)
Did I miss any? What’s your favorite candy? I’d love to hear!